Tuesday, November 8, 2011

WOW...ok I've started a blog...thank you fellow Spartan Chicks

A blog...riiigght. I have no idea what I'm doing, but I figure why the heck not. This will serve as an online journal that I can go back to when I need some motivation. (duuuh it's a blog) again, new to this whole blogging thing. I plan to put this out there to anyone who needs some motivation in health, faith or life in general. It's Nov 8, 2011. I run my second 5k in 4 days and I'm freaking out. It is for such a wonderful cause, so in the end it doesn't really matter how I do, I know I'm helping others in the process. Alzheimers and dementia, so many people I know have been affected by such horrible diseases. I'm basically dedicating this race to my grandfather whom I never met, my husbands grandmother, and my grandmother. My dad's father died when my dad was in his late teens. He was hit by a train...they think he got out of the house and wandered to the train station down the street. He had alzheimers and loved trains. John's grandmother had severe alzheimers and was such an inspiration in my life..even though I met her for the first time on her death bed. I partially attribute my new found strong faith in God to her.

Tonight was not a good night. I had no motivation and did not get a run or work-out in. Had to watch the vid for Fahrenheit 451..booooring. Very excited for my race on Saturday and hoping I can beat my best time. I know God will be by my side and I'll be praying during the race for all those affected by alzheimers and dementia.

This blog thing should get better. Four more weeks of school and I'll have a lot more time on my hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment