Sunday, March 31, 2013

Change is the only constant!




I always like to try and get a blog post up when I'm at my parents house to keep up with things. As I've said many times before I like to look back at these and see what I was doing/thinking/feeling. It still amazes me reading some of my earlier posts to see how far I've come. I feel like 2013 is going to be a great year! So far, so good! I was able to get off about 13 pounds that I gained after surgery and during the holidays AND THEN SOME! yaaay! As I was getting ready to go to my parents house for Easter dinner today, I realized that I'm very happy that yard sale season is upon us. A lot of my jeans are now too BIG for me.

Tomorrow starts another exciting plan. Even more exciting, is that John actually said he's on board and wants to do it with me. He's willing to give me "control" of his diet and exercise plan for at least a few weeks. I took a few hours this weekend to come up with my plan of action. Making a meal plan gets even more complicated with John due to his Type I diabetes (the kind you're born with and are put on insulin immediately when diagnosed). He was diagnosed at age 10. I have us eating the same thing for breakfast/lunch and snacks each day and then our dinners. I meal prepped for about 9 hours...9...HOURS yesterday!! I'm really hoping that I find a few things along the way to help me make that go a little smoother. I had to figure out all the carbs for each meal so John knows exactly how much insulin to take. If I was making something that was thrown together (like tuna salad made with Greek yogurt which is our lunches over a salad) I had to enter each item and make a recipe on Myfitnesspal in order to get a correct carb count. I feel exhausted, yet accomplished and happy knowing that everything is pretty much a go for the whole week. With John's new job it makes things a lot easier too. If he's working late, supper's already done and he can eat separate when he gets home.

Our fitness plan involves a lot of HIIT (high intensity interval training) about 10 minutes of HIIT, then a 10 minute warm down, followed by weight training. HIIT and weights are done 4 times a week, a shorter run once a week and long runs once a week, with one day rest. We'll see how it goes! Trying to do a plan that is feasible to do without a complete set of weights. Still in search of a weight bench with free weights. For now training will be done with the complete gym, dumbbells, a bun/thigh isolator and sandbags. Where there's a will there's a way.

Spartan is only 4 months away! It will be here before we know it. VERY excited to be doing the race with John. I can't wait to see how this plan transforms us. We did all of our "before" measurements/weights and will be taking pictures. I always say that doing this keeps you going, keeps you accountable and motivated.

I'm hoping to continue in the right direction and completely transform my body, more so than it already has! (and John too) haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment